- Chamath Palihapitiya expects Tesla stock to triple and Bitcoin’s price to surge five-fold, he said on CNBC’s “Halftime Report” this week.
- The billionaire boss of Social Capital and Virgin Galactic chairman also blasted Facebook, trumpeted SPACs, and explained why he doesn’t expect the current market boom to end in tears.
- Here are Palihapitiya’s 15 best quotes from the interview.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Social Capital CEO and Virgin Galactic chairman also compared Facebook spreading disinformation to selling cigarettes, defended special-purpose acquisition vehicles (SPACs) as another way to take companies public, and argued the current market boom is fundamentally different from the bubble that preceded the 2008 financial crisis.
Here are Palihapitiya’s 15 best quotes from the interview, lightly edited and condensed for clarity:
1. “The world’s richest person should be somebody that’s fixing and figuring out climate change.” – defending Tesla CEO Elon Musk surpassing Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos in net worth this week.
2. “The big disruption that’s coming is to power utilities. There are trillions of dollars of bonds, of capital expenditure, of value sitting inside the energy-generation infrastructure of the world that is gonna go upside down. When that goes pear-shaped, Tesla will double and triple again.”